A Rockin’ Thing of Beauty!
The Friday AND Saturday night performances
by R Carlos Nakai and Will Clipman were
We thank them profusely for sharing their talents with all of us and on behalf of GMCR as well as R Carlos and Will’s observations on the importance of Community Radio in their own communities and in ours.
We Did It!
And we thank all of you that donated – large & small – and have helped us meet this goal. We have now…
- Reached an agreement with the tower
- Purchased a small building completely wired with single phase and three phase power to house our equipment
- Commissioned a structural engineer for modifications to the tower to meet the requirements of our antenna and the final plans are done
- Ordered the necessary steel fabrication for the tower
- Ordered the antenna
- Received bids for the crane and crew for installation
- Secured the services of a top notch engineer to supervise the installation and test the antenna to FCC specs
And not a minute too soon!
We still face an absolute deadline of December 23rd
to commence FM Broadcast but we’re on our way.
We have more work ahead of us once the antenna is in place so we have to stick to a schedule & we need the resources in place as we take each successive step.
We still have more equipment to purchase very quickly and the tower / antenna installation is an expensive proposition and all the bills aren’t in yet. For a more in depth summary, tune in to our new show – The Radio Report with your host, Frances Trotta.
Once all the startup costs are met by this fundraising campaign and we flip the switch for FM Broadcast, our current operating costs will roughly double and those will primarily be met by
Please continue to donate and if you’re not already a member,
please join GMCR today.
Full Power FM is within your grasp. GRAB IT!
|Board of Directors|
|Jesse Franklin Owens||Chair|
|Ken Keppeler||Vice Chair|
|Kyle Johnson||Secretary / Treasurer|
The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice
Studio So Beautiful!