In this installment of Civil Discourse – in keeping with GMCR & KURU’s support of democratic and electoral processes – host Jamie Newton convenes a round table discussion with candidates for mayor & city council in the upcoming Silver City Municipal Elections.
The offices and candidates are:
Ken Ladner, incumbent, unopposed
- Town Council, District 2
Lynda D. Aiman-Smith, incumbent
Patricia “Eiline” Kingsley
- Town Council, District 4
Guadalupe Cano, incumbent
Nicholas H. Prince
- Steps the Town can take to strengthen a favorable climate for local businesses, with sustainable economic development.
- Quality of life in Silver City – promoting security and a sense of well-being for all, while addressing the needs of the least fortunate residents.
- The candidate’s top 2-3 priorities during the coming term, if elected (or re-elected.
- Water resources – protection and wise stewardship… including the candidate’s views on Silver City’s 2015 decision not to participate in the New Mexico CAP entity and on proposed diversion of the Gila River.
The live broadcast occurred on Monday, February 12, 2018.
The round table will be rebroadcast on…
- Saturday / 17 February 2018 / 11am
- Sunday / 18 February 2018 / 11am
- Monday / 19 February 2018 / 4pm
- Thursday / 22 February 2018 / 9pm
- Monday / 26 February 2018 / 4pm
- Thursday / 1 March 2018 / 9pm
- Sunday / 4 March 2018 / 11am
- Monday / 5 March 2018 / 4pm
Or listen at your convenience via the following link…