Public Service Announcements
In order to better serve more organizations we are providing the following methods and guidelines to make this process more convenient, efficient and timely.
Our PSA policy applies to…
- Recognized New Mexico non-profit corporations – with or without IRS 501(c)(3) status
- Local civic and ad-hoc groups whose function and purpose are consistent with those of non-profits – essentially that they serve a public interest function and do not promote an individual, private or commercial interest
- Those lacking official non-profit status will be considered at the sole discretion of GMCR
PSAs must adhere to the following guidelines…
- PSAs will be submitted via the webform displayed below
- PSAs should be submitted 2 weeks in advance to insure timely broadcast and a useful number of broadcasts – particularly for date specific announcements.
- PSAs will be 30 seconds in length unless specific approval is given for a longer submission.
- Include all pertinent specifics and sufficient descriptive language to convey the nature of your message.
- Prior to submission, read your finished text at a normal pace while watching a clock to insure appropriate length. If your reading exceeds the 30 second length by no more than 10 or 15 seconds, you may submit it and we can typically edit it to length retaining your essential information.
- GMCR may revise / edit PSAs for clarity, length, style and tone.
- PSAs will be read & recorded by GMCR staff and should thus be written in 3rd person
- Each submission shall be for a single message.
- GMCR will accept up to two submissions per organization within a 30 day period.
- PSAs will be played during their relevant period but not indefinitely.
- PSAs will be played in random order from a “pool” of the current PSAs.
Please note that due to the number of PSA submissions and related frequency that they can be played, we suggest that PSAs be used primarily to notify the community of your ongoing services and projects and recurring activities rather than individual or date specific events.
Visit our Underwriting Page for information and options related to your time sensitive activities and events.