Here is a recent comment on our show by Mark Weber who does a great Jazz show on KUNM in Albuquerque on Thursdays from 12:00 noon to 1:30. f
Well folks, that was a fun show this morning – lots of love songs in the 9 to 10 segment. We are working on getting more music put into our archives. It’s a bit of work but it works. Our live tunes in the second segment were, as usual, off the cuff and a blast. Just like the old radio days when bands played on radio shows. Some of them were quite early in the morning, like 5 AM. We did one of those in Louisiana in 1979. We were playing with Beausoleil at the time and Mike Doucet and Jeanie and I went on an early farm show and played some tunes for the folks getting up early in the morning take care of their chores and getting ready to go to work. The first tune we played this morning is from O’Neil’s collection of Irish music – Dermot My Treasure. The second live song was a rare recording of Freddie King – What About Love. The third song was written by Kyle, with us here at the station, and is called ‘Ready to Receive’. He sang it with feeling as his sweetheart was there shooting love at him.
Let us know how you like the show and we do take suggestions.
Here is a possibility to support the show and the station, we are putting together a list of things and equipment we need and maybe some folks out there could sponsor some of those. One great help would be an old four wheel drive vehicle to get us up to the tower.
And don’t forget, we are still trying to get more folks to help us do the show – we can teach you how set it up and be an on air personality. So, if you are interested in traditional music and you want to share that interest, give us a call and join the Roots and Branches traditional music co-0p.
Playlist for Saturday 8 February 2014
Artist/Album/Song – You can contact us if you can’t find it online and maybe we can get an address for you.
- Forrest Delk / The Recordings of Forrest Delk and His Gully Jumpers / Delk’s Schottische
- Alfred Bailey / Traditional Fiddle Music of Kentucky v1 Up the Ohio and Licking Rivers / Bell Cow
- Doc Watson & Clarence Ashley / The Original Folkways Recordings of Doc Watson and Clarence Ashley 1960 Through 1962 d1x2 / My Home’s Across the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Mike Seeger / American Fogies v2 / Down the Road
- Del Rey / American Fogies v2 / Nothing But Rambling
- Glenn Ohrlin /A Cowboy Again for a Day / Long side of the Santa Fe Trail
- Murphy Gribble, John Lusk & Albert York / Deep River of Song Black Appalachia / Give The Fiddler A Dram
- Guthrie, Woody / Worried Man Blues / Lost John
- Kidwell, Van / Traditional Fiddle Music of Kentucky v1 Along the Kentucky River / Last Gold Dollar
- Boggs, Doc / Country Blues Complete Early Recordings (1927-29) / Down South Blues
- Enoch Mahlobo / Squashbox – Zulu & Sotho / Mzumbe / Silex Records
- Khanyile, Noise / The Art of Noise / Marimaba Jive
- Clifton Chenier / Legends of the Accordion / Squeeze Box Boogie / Rhino Records
- Jimenez Jr, Santiago / El Mero Mero De San Antonio / Morena, Morenita (Ranchera) / Arhoolie Records
- Steve Jordan / Legends of the Accordion / Las Coronelas / Rhino Records
- Apodaca, Antonia / Recuerdos de Rociada / Cuando Estoy Dormido
- von Goisern, Hubert / TRAD 1 / Landler
- Bon Soir Catin / Vive L’Amour / Mon Aimable Brune
- Fontenot, Canray / Louisiana Hot Sauce, Creole Style / Malinda
- Delta Sisters / Music from the Old Timey Hotel / If It Ain’t Love
- Laurie Lewis / Love Chooses You / Love Chooses You
- Gerrard, Alice / Pieces of my Heart / Belle of the Ball
- Live: Ken and Jeanie and Kyle Johnson / Dermot, My Treasure / What About Love (Freddie King)/ Ready to Receive (Kyle Johnson)
- Foghorn Stringband / Outshine The Sun / Over The Garden Wall
- Monroe, Bill & Doc Watson / Live Duet Recordings 1963 – 1980 Off The Record Volume 2 / Memories Of You
- Stecher, Jody / Going Up on the Mountain / The Classic First Recordings / Wedding Dress
- Bovee, Bob & Gail Heil / Rural Route 2 / You’ve Been A Friend To Me
- McLeod, Rory / Footsteps and Heartbeats / Love Like a Rock (In a Stormy Sea)
- McGee, Dennis / The Complete Early Recordings / Happy One Step / Yazoo Records
Roots & Branches airs Saturday mornings from 8am – 10am
with your hosts Ken Keppeler & Jeanie McLerie of Bayou Seco.
You can reach them with comments, questions and requests at firstname.lastname@example.org