The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Fidel Castro a Fighter for Global Revolution
A leader of a small island nation, Fidel Castro became a figure of global historic importance who led his people in revolution and defied the U.S. empire
- Donald Trump Decries Recount Efforts While Also Repeating Lie that Millions Voted Illegally
A recount is set to begin in Wisconsin on Thursday while the Green Party’s Jill Stein is leading efforts for recounts in Michigan and Pennsylvania
- Former IAEA Director: ‘Very Dishonest’ to Claim Iran Violated the Nuclear Deal
Robert Kelley says the Iranians have stuck to the agreement for a full year now
- The Resistance to the Dakota Access Pipeline Undaunted by Threats of Evictions and Fines
With two thousand veterans expected to join the opposition to the pipeline, Water Protectors say they remain resilient despite eviction orders
- Trump’s Existential Threat
Col. Lawrence Wilkerson tells Paul Jay that while some Republicans acknowledge climate change and see the national security threat, most don’t believe it’s caused by human activity and see no reason to regulate or phase out fossil fuels
- A Just Transition for Fossil Fuel Workers is Possible
TRNN Replay: PERI co-director Bob Pollin describes his plan that guarantees pensions and wages, shifts workers out of the industry through retirement rather than job losses, and helps the country meet the UN climate goals
- Filmmaker Facing 45 Years for Covering Keystone Pipeline Protest Wins Suspension of Prosecution
Award-winning filmmaker Deia Schlosberg says if the corporate media ignores climate change, it’s up to independent media to cover its impacts as well as the resistance to fossil fuel extraction