The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Trump and Putin Share Ties with the Post-USSR Kleptocracy
Economist James Henry traces the rise of both Putin and Trump to the West’s failed reconstruction of the former Soviet states in the 1990’s
- Pressure Mounts in Baltimore to Complete Police Consent Decree Before Trump Takes Office
Advocates says Mayor Catherine Pugh needs to complete the agreement with the Department of Justice to ensure police reform efforts continue
- Researchers Fault Mass Incarceration for Black-White Wage Gap Returning to 1950’s Levels
Black labor has become superfluous in the US economy, and the ruling class is responding with more incarceration and police oppression, says Glen Ford
- Israeli Journalist: The ‘Real Landlords’ of Israel Are the Settlers
Gideon Levy discusses how the government’s preoccupation with a small colony in the occupied West Bank demonstrates the political power of the settler lobby in Israel
- Obama Dismantles Post-9/11 Muslim Surveillance Program Before Trump Takes Office
TRNN speaks to the ACLU and grassroots advocates who hailed President Obama’s move against the NSEERS program, which they long criticized as ineffective and discriminatory
- UN Vote Reveals Growing Rift Between Israeli Settlements and US Interests
Netanyahu’s response reveals that the Israeli government has no strategic plans beyond hoping that Palestinians will accept life under occupation, says economist Shir Hever
From time to time we may also have more “timely” articles than can be presented on air at, uh, one time. The following is an example that you can peruse…
- Trump’s Cabinet, the Church of Neoliberal Evangelicals
Professor Henry Giroux says Trump’s appointments signal a future of more war, violent military interventions, and an embrace of Islamophobia