(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- How MLK Went From ‘National Threat’ to ‘National Hero’ (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:15440:TRNN-Replay%3A-How-MLK-Went-From-%27National-Threat%27-to-%27National-Hero%27)
Corporation for Enterprise Development’s Dedrick Asante-Muhammad explains the whitewashing of Martin Luther King’s legacy, transforming him from a leader for racial and economic justice who died in struggle to a post-racial patriot who died in victory
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is a ‘Horrifying Prospect’ for Public Schools (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:18150:Education-Secretary-Betsy-DeVos-is-a-%27Horrifying-Prospect%27-for-Public-Schools)
Responding to the DeVos confirmation hearings, award-winning Chicago public school teacher Erika Wozniak says bi-partisan support for school privatization paved the way for Trump’s Education Secretary
- Nationwide Protests Planning to Disrupt Trump’s Inauguration (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:18138:Nationwide-Protests-Planning-to-Disrupt-Trump%27s-Inauguration)
Tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets during the week when Donald Trump becomes president. While actions are planned to disrupt his inauguration, the Women’s March on Washington is expected to have a larger turnout on the following day.
- Helen Thomas on her one question for Obama (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:4900:TRNN-Replay%3A-Helen-Thomas-on-her-one-question-for-Obama)
DC’s most experienced journalist says Obama lost credibility when he dodged question on Israeli nukes
- Tillerson Refuses to Acknowledge ExxonMobil’s Efforts to Deceive the Public on Climate Change (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:18112:Tillerson-Refuses-to-Acknowledge-ExxonMobil%27s-Efforts-to-Deceive-the-Public-on-Climate-Change)
Kathy Mulvey of the Union of Concerned Scientists says the oil giant is continuing to avoid accountability for its disinformation campaign
- Investors Bet Big on Trump for Big Pharma (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:18123:Investors-Bet-Big-on-Trump-for-Big-Pharma)
Even with the recent tremendous drop in the stock market, the actual net rise for the pharmaceutical sector is two and a half times positive since the election, says economist Bill Black
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we’d also like to share these additional features with you that can be viewed via the following links…
- Jeff Sessions a ‘Nightmare’ for Marijuana and Sentencing Reform, Advocate Says (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:18100:Jeff-Sessions-a-%27Nightmare%27-for-Marijuana-and-Sentencing-Reform%2C-Advocate-%0D%0ASays)
We could see a dramatic reversal in the positive steps made by President Obama and former Attorney General Eric Holder to reform drug policy, says Drug Policy Alliance’s