The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Marking the 140th Anniversary of the Great Railroad Strike of 1877
Labor historian Bill Barry tours viewers through a B&O Railroad Museum exhibit honoring the strike in which over 100,000 workers participated, and over 100 people were killed
- Railroad Workers’ Struggles Continue 140 Years after their First National Strike – See below for Part 2
TRNN speaks to railroad union leaders at the commemoration of the Great Railroad Strike of 1877
- Public Defender: Body Camera Shows Cop Planting Drugs
While charges were dropped against the suspect, former Baltimore cops say the case should highlight the need to end prohibition
- Corporate Media Silence Helps Maintain Warfare in Syria
Donald Trump and Emmanuel Macron made important remarks about the Syria ceasefire that the corporate media ignored in favor of Russiagate, says Black Agenda Report’s Glen Ford
- ‘No Compromise on Health Care’: Michael Lighty of National Nurses United
With Senate Republicans dithering over the new version of the Health Care Bill, Michael Lighty of the National Nurses United says Democrats should offer no compromises and progressives should fight for single payer
- Ida B Wells: The Story of America’s First Black Female Investigative Journalist
In part one of our series celebrating her 155th birthday, the great grandson of Wells tells the story of how the pioneering reporter risked her life to report on lynchings and racism during the tumultuous period of Reconstruction
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we’d also like to share these additional features with you which can be viewed via the following links…
- Railroad Workers’ Struggles Continue 140 Years after their First National Strike
Additional discussion with railroad union leaders at the commemoration of the Great Railroad Strike of 1877
- Ida B Wells Speaks Through Her Descendants on Trump’s War on the Media and Black Lives Matter
In the second part of the series celebrating Wells’ 155th birthday, her great grandson explores how Wells would have reacted to Trump’s hostility to the media and the emergence of the Black Lives Matter movement