(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Trump’s Justice Department Drops Investigation into the Death of Freddie Gray (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:19983:Trump%27s-Justice-Department-Drops-Investigation-into-the-Death-of-Freddie-Gray)
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that the US Department of Justice will not pursue criminal civil rights charges against the six officers who had been charged in connection with Gray’s in-custody death
- School Segregation is Making a Comeback (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:19973:School-Segregation-is-Making-a-Comeback)
The U.S. education system was designed to favor the white and the rich, and you ‘don’t have to wave a confederate flag or have a statue of Robert E. Lee to effectively secede from your court-mandated school-desegregation order,’ says the Black Agenda Report’s Glen Ford
- Single-Payer Healthcare Takes a Big Step Forward (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:19985:Single-Payer-Healthcare-Takes-a-Big-Step-Forward)
Wednesday was a historic day in the U.S. struggle for universal health care as key Senate Democrats joined Sen. Bernie Sanders to unveil a single-payer bill. We speak to economist Dean Baker and Saikat Chakrabarti of Brand New Congress
- Unpopular Abbas Targets Palestinian Critics (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:19980:Unpopular-Abbas-Targets-Palestinian-Critics)
The Palestinian Authority’s arrest of prominent human rights activist Issa Amro is part of a wider crackdown on critics of Mahmoud Abbas’ rule, says Ali Abunimah of The Electronic Intifada
- Catalonia and Spain ‘Playing Chicken’ Ahead of Independence Vote (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:19984:Catalonia-and-Spain-%27Playing-Chicken%27-Ahead-of-Independence-Vote)
One million people took to the streets in Barcelona to support Catalonian independence from Spain. The movement plans for a referendum on Oct. 1, in violation of a court ruling declaring the referendum unconstitutional, explains Carlos Delclos of Roar Magazine