(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Norman Solomon and Paul Jay discuss the Struggle in the Democratic Party (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20459:Norman-Solomon-and-Paul-Jay-discuss-the-Struggle-in-the-Democratic-Party)
The report “Autopsy: The Democratic Party in Crisis” comes at the time of Donna Brazile’s book and raises the question: Should progressives fight within the Democratic party, and if so, how?
- Brazilian Women Protest Legislation that Could Ban Abortion (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20476:Brazilian-Women-Protest-Legislation-that-Could-Ban-Abortion)
A constitutional amendment in Brazil has passed a key committee in the legislature and, if passed, would criminalize all abortions, even in cases of rape and risk to the mother’s life. Mike Fox reports from Brazil
- Ed Herman, Co-Author of ‘Manufacturing Consent’ p1x3 (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:8159:Ed-Herman%2C-Co-Author-of-%27Manufacturing-Consent%27-Pt-1)
Ed Herman, who wrote the famous book with Noam Chomsky, looks back at his life and what formed his thinking about the world
- Alexandr Buzgalin On The Centenary of the Russian Revolution (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20316:Alexandr-Buzgalin-On-The-Centenary-of-the-Russian-Revolution)
The spirit of the revolution is still alive and the centenary is being celebrated in Russia by the democratic left, it is convening people from the former soviet republics and the world
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we also like to share additional features with you via the following links…
- Ed Herman on Humanitarian Imperialism p2x3 (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:8160:Ed-Herman-on-%22Humanitarian-Imperialism%22-Pt-2)
Edward Herman: The development of humanitarian intervention as a concept is essentially an overthrow of international law
- Ed Herman on Global Finance p3x3 (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:8161:Ed-Herman-on-Global-Finance-Pt-3)
Ed Herman: We’ve been in a period in which the power of finance extends into politics more aggressively than it ever was, so it’s able to stymie any changes