(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
- Can Mayors Lead the Way on Progressive Reform? (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20844:Can-Mayors-Lead-the-Way-on-Progressive-Reform%3F)
Newark Mayor Ras Baraka talks about the Newark 2020 initiative, a jobs program which aims to put 2,020 people back to work by 2020, and how cities are finding innovative ways to push for social change
- Israel Responds to ‘Threat’ of Defiant Palestinian Teen (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20840:Israel-Responds-to-%27Threat%27-of-Defiant-Palestinian-Teen)
Israel’s governing Likud party has called for annexing the Occupied West Bank, and the Knesset has passed a law that seeks to cement control of East Jerusalem. Shir Hever says the moves are a response to growing Israeli isolation in the wake of a recent UN vote and the defiance of jailed Palestinian teen Ahed Tamimi
- Let Down by Reformists, Working-Class Iranians Join Widespread Protests (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20841:Let-Down-by-Reformists%2C-Working-Class-Iranians-Join-Widespread-Protests)
Thousands have taken to the streets in Iran’s largest and deadliest protests since 2009. Exiled Iranian activist Dariush Arjmandi says demonstrators are challenging economic mismanagement and repressive state control, not pushing the regime change agenda of Iran’s global foes
- Under-Covered News Stories of 2017 p1x2 (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/index NULL.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=20816)
From African-American voter suppression to the U.S. role in Yemen’s humanitarian crisis, Adam Johnson of the Los Angeles Times and Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting breaks down the under-covered stories of 2017
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Ahed Tamimi’s Father: Israeli Occupation Won’t Break Us (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/index NULL.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=20810)
Bassem Tamimi, father of jailed 16-year old Palestinian activist Ahed Tamimi, says the arrest of Ahed along with her mother and cousin won’t break the family’s determination to resist Israeli occupation
- 2017 A Banner Year for Corporate Mergers, Which Further Deepens Inequality (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20818:2017-A-Banner-Year-for-Corporate-Mergers%2C-Which-Further-Deepens-Inequality)
Low interest rates, “quantitative easing,” and the mitigation of antitrust laws led to more mergers and acquisitions in 2017, but that’s only going to fuel greater wealth inequality and tighten the corporate grip on the political system, explains economist Michael Hudson
- Under-Covered News Stories of 2017 p2x2 (http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/story:20833:The-Under-Covered-News-Stories-of-2017-%28Pt NULL.-2%29)
From hate crimes against transgender people to the prosecution of over 200 people for the J20 anti-Trump protest, Adam Johnson of the Los Angeles Times and Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting breaks down the under-covered stories of 2017
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we would also like to these share additional features with you via the following links…