(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- UN to US: Stop Separating Children From Their Parents on the US-Mexico Border (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/un-demands-stop-separating-immigrant-children-from-their-parents)
The U.S. is in serious violation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. As many 700 children have been separated from their parents at the US-Mexico border, some as young as one year old. We speak with ACLU border litigation lawyer Mitra Ebadolahi
- AT&T – TimeWarner Merger: A Disaster for Consumers when Combined with Net Neutrality Repeal p1x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/att-timewarner-merger-a-disaster-for-consumers-when-combined-with-net-neutrality-repeal-pt-1-2)
The argument that this merger, which will create one of the world’s largest media giants, is not anti-competitive lacks all basis in reality, says Jeff Cohen of RootsAction.org and FAIR
- Seattle Buckles Under Corporate Pressure, Repeals ‘Amazon Tax’ to Fight Homelessness (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/seattle-buckles-under-corporate-pressure-repeals-amazon-tax-to-fight-homelessness)
Socialist City Councilwoman Kshama Sawant says that as long as corporate Democrats run government, we should expect them to buckle under Amazon’s and Starbucks’ pressure
- Heated NY Primary Pits Corrupt Establishment Democrat Against Young Democratic Socialist (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/heated-ny-primary-pits-corrupt-establishment-democrat-against-young-democratic-socialist)
In the closely watched upcoming primary in New York, democratic socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is challenging neoliberal Joe Crowley, the chair of the House Democratic Caucus, who Howie Klein says is “the most corrupt Democrat in the House.”
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we would also like to provide these additional features via the following links…
- Turkey’s Erdogan Allies with Fascists for Election, Repressing Leftists and Kurds (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/turkeys-erdogan-allies-with-fascists-for-election-repressing-leftists-and-kurds)
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formed a coalition with the fascist party MHP for the upcoming snap election. TRNN’s Ben Norton speaks with scholar Baris Karaagac about Turkey’s economic ills, the AKP’s neoliberal nationalist policies, and the repression of the HDP, leftists, and Kurds
- Trudeau Imposes Retaliatory Trade Tariffs Against the U.S. (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/trudeau-imposes-retaliatory-trade-tariffs-against-the-u-s)
It is in the long term interest of Canada to unravel the intertwined economy between the two countries says Dimitri Lascaris
- Israel Turns Gaza into ‘Arms Race’ Laboratory, While Palestinians Fly Kites P1x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/israel-turns-gaza-into-arms-race-laboratory-while-palestinians-fly-kites-pt-1-2)
As Israel mows down protesters in Gaza with brutal military technology, Palestinians respond creatively, with kites and balloons. Shir Hever discusses the hidden rift within the Israeli military
- Israel Turns Gaza into ‘Arms Race’ Laboratory, While Palestinians Fly Kites P2x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/israel-turns-gaza-into-arms-race-laboratory-while-palestinians-fly-kites-pt-2-2)