(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Justice Anthony Kennedy’s Retirement: End of Roe v. Wade? (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/justice-anthony-kennedys-retirement-end-of-roe-vs-wade)
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement will represent a major blow to liberal precedents, as Trump will appoint a new justice now who will work to reverse them. Legal abortion, affirmative action, death penalty protections, will probably all be overturned, says Prof Francis Boyle
- Trump’s Roll-Back of Affirmative Action will Reduce Black Enrollment (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/trump-admins-roll-back-of-affirmative-action-will-reduce-black-enrollment)
Trump officials announced that schools and colleges should no longer use racial diversity as guideline for admissions. The consequence will be lower enrollment figures for people of color and a set-up for a new Supreme Court challenge to eliminate affirmative action entirely, says Kamau Franklin
- Fed Lets Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley Off Hook, Investors Profit Billions (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/fed-lets-goldman-sachs-and-morgan-stanley-off-hook-investors-profit-billions)
Even though Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley failed the so-called ‘stress test,’ to determine whether these banks can weather a financial crisis, the Fed allowed them to pay billions in dividends and stock buybacks to investors. Former financial regulator Bill Black explains the consequences
- Trump’s Massive Funding Cut Plunges UN Palestinian Refugee Agency into Crisis (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/trumps-massive-funding-cut-plunges-un-palestinian-refugee-agency-into-crisis)
UNRWA, the United Nations Palestinian refugee agency, could run out of money for aid programs within weeks, after President Trump drastically cut US funding. Expert Phyllis Bennis warns this can lead to a humanitarian catastrophe and make life impossible for many Palestinians
Rep Ro Khanna p2x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/rep-ro-khanna-democrats-cant-be-liberal-at-home-but-hawkish-militants-overseas)
Democrats Can’t Be Liberal at Home But Hawkish Militants Overseas
Rep Khanna (D-CA), vice chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, discusses Trump’s war on immigrants via the Muslim ban and family incarceration. He also addresses his differences with hawkish Democratic leaders on foreign policy, arguing that the party needs to abandon hawkish militarism
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we would also like to provide these additional features via the following links.
- Rep Ro Khanna p1x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/rep-ro-khanna-on-challenging-the-saudi-led-war-on-yemen)
Challenging the Saudi-Led War on Yemen p1x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/rep-ro-khanna-on-challenging-the-saudi-led-war-on-yemen)
Rep Khanna (D-CA) discusses his efforts to stop U.S. support for the Saudi-led attack on Yemen; his differences with Obama administration officials who backed Saudi’s assault from the outset; and the impact of Saudi lobbying efforts to sustain ongoing US assistance
- Trump Pursues Israel ‘Peace Plan’ to Break off Gaza, Without Input from Palestinians (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/trump-pursues-israel-peace-plan-to-break-off-gaza-without-input-from-palestinians)
While US President Trump reportedly hopes to use Gulf funding to pressure Egypt to take over Gaza, splitting it from the West Bank, expert Phyllis Bennis warns no Israel peace deal is possible when “there is no Palestinian voice” involved
- Most Ignored and Most Far-Reaching Supreme Court Ruling Yet: Anti-Trust Law Hollowed Out (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/most-ignored-and-most-far-reaching-supreme-court-ruling-yet-anti-trust-law-hollowed-out)
A major Supreme Court ruling, Ohio vs American Express, was completely ignored by most media outlets, even though it will have potentially devastating repercussions for consumers in the so-called ‘platform economy’: Uber, Lyft, AirBnB, Facebook, etc. White collar criminologist Bill Black explains the consequences
- Dimitri Lascaris Reporting From the Gaza Freedom Flotilla (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/dimitri-lascaris-reporting-from-the-gaza-freedom-flotilla)
A candidate of Sweden’s feminist party and one of the flotilla’s captains talk about their participation in the effort to break the Gaza blockade