The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Instagram: The Next Social Media Platform to Censor Political Content?
Jesse Duquette, a political cartoonist who regularly criticizes President Trump, had one of his cartoons removed from Instagram with no explanation. Marc Steiner talks to him about his cartoons and what happened
- Trump’s Dirty Energy Appointees Dismantle Clean Energy Controls
Trump’s EPA announced a plan to end Obama’s Clean Power Plan, using coal companies’ proposals, which lowers federal regulations on emissions and allows states to set their own emissions reduction goals. We discuss the proposal with Mustafa Ali
- Race and Class Struggle Sharpening as Insurgent Democrats and Trump Supporters Win Tuesday’s Primaries
Non traditional Democrats are winning and changing the electoral world while Trumpian are pushing Republicans to the edge. What is the political future?
- Revolution and the Third World: Exploring the Radical Ideas of Anti-Imperialist Economist Samir Amin
Samir Amin revolutionized economics by centering the Global South. TRNN’s Ben Norton explores the radical legacy of the Egyptian-French anti-imperialist Marxist with scholar Ali Kadri
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we would also like to provide these additional features via the following links.
- She is a Progressive and Could be the First Native American Woman in Congress
Deb Haaland, a Laguna Pueblo Woman won the primary in the NM First Congressional District. She could be the first Native American woman elected to Congress
- Aretha! Unapologetically Black, Unapologetically Woman
Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, passed at 76. She leaves a legacy of music, commitment to Black and human liberation and defined America’s DNA
- U.S. Court Delays Keystone XL Pipeline Construction by Ordering Environmental Review
Diana Best of Greenpeace USA says many obstacles remain to the completion of Keystone XL
- Over 2,000 Cities with Higher Lead Levels than Flint
Baltimore, Milwaukee, Chicago and Cleveland all have been victim to high lead and other toxins in the water. Eddie Conway and Eugene Puryear discuss the frustrations of citizens and the struggles to get clean water in communities of color