In this week’s episode of Earth Matters we revisit the Creative Voices portion of the 4th Natural History of the Gila Symposium which was presented last fall at Western New Mexico University.
This portion of the Symposium brought together a number of naturalists and environmentalists to read essays, poetry and personal experiences in communion with the Gila Wilderness and National Forest.
The Participants were…
- Dutch Salmon — “Dreaming the River”
- Sarah Johnson — “Mayflies at Maytime”
- Philip Connors — “A Communion with Sky”
- Richard Felger —“Desert Archipelago”
- Sharman Apt Russell — “Chasing Tigers”
- Guy McPherson — “Going Back to the Land in the Age of Entitlement”
- Martha Cooper — “Reading the Gila”
Salmon, Johnson, Connors and Felger are featured in Part 1 with Russsell, McPherson and Cooper in Part 2.
More information on The Natural History of the Gila Symposium is available at their website – gilasymposium.org.
Earth Matters airs Tuesday & Thursday at 10am and 8pm
Or listen any time via this link
Earth Matters / Gila Symposium – Part 1