Welcome to Candidate Statements for Grant County Commission.
In the interest of promoting & supporting the democratic process and encouraging civic engagement, GMCR & KURU invited all declared candidates for Grant County Commission to speak for up to 5 minutes for broadcast on GMCR & KURU regarding their candidacies, views, qualifications, visions & objectives.
Not all candidates responded to our invitation but we present those that did.
We encourage our listeners to perform their part as members of an informed electorate to cast their ballots beginning October 11th for early and absentee voting or on Election Day Tuesday 8 November 2016.
All candidates are posted below along with the statements of those that responded to listen to at your convenience.
We encourage our listeners to perform their part as members of an informed electorate
and to cast their ballots beginning October 11th for early and absentee voting or on
Election Day Tuesday November 8th 2016.
The candidates are…
- District 3 – Alicia Edwards (http://aliciaforgrantcounty NULL.org/) (D)
- District 3 – Henry Torres (R)
- District 4 – Gerald Billings (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/Gerald-Billy-Billings-for-County-Commissioner-Dist-4-1550389741924524/) (R)
- District 4 –Marilyn Alcorn (http://marilyn4grantcounty NULL.com/) (D)
- District 5 -Deann Bencomo – write-in
- District 5 –Harry Browne (http://browneforgrantcounty NULL.com/) (D)
- District 5 –Harry Pecotte (https://facebook NULL.com/PecotteForCommissioner/) (R)
Our search found websites for most of the candidates via the links above.
The Candidate Statements for Grant County Commission will be broadcast as follows. Check back for additional dates & times.
- Monday 10 October 2016 / 9am
- Tuesday 11 October 2016 / 6pm
Or listen at your convenience via these links…