(http://therealnews NULL.com/t2/)The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- Ex-CIA Interrogator Trains ICE Agents in ‘Counterterrorism’ as They Terrorize Immigrants (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/ex-cia-interrogator-trains-ice-agents-in-counterterrorism-as-they-terrorize-immigrants)
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement pays a private security firm run by former top CIA interrogator Barry McManus to train ICE agents in intelligence and “counterterrorism.” TRNN’s Ben Norton speaks with investigative journalist Ken Klippenstein
- Trump Replaces Child Cruelty With Family Cruelty p1x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/trump-replaces-child-cruelty-with-family-cruelty-1-2)
After public outcry forced him to end family separation, Trump’s new executive order calls for reviving a family incarceration policy that a court blocked in 2015. We speak to The Nation’s Juliane Hing and Amnesty International’s Denise Bell
- US Gov’t Regime Change Machine Exacerbates Nicaragua’s Violent Protests (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/us-govt-regime-change-machine-fuels-ni)
As Nicaragua’s leftist government faces a violent right-wing insurgency, journalist Max Blumenthal discusses with TRNN’s Ben Norton how the regime change machinery bankrolled by the US government’s National Endowment for Democracy boasted of “laying the groundwork for insurrection” against President Daniel Ortega
- Jewish American Explains Why She Supports Palestine and BDS (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/jewish-american-explains-why-she-supports-palestine-and-bds)
CODEPINK organizer Ariel Gold discusses with TRNN’s Ben Norton why she supports BDS and the movement for Palestinian rights: “The actions of the state of Israel do not represent my values as an American Jew”
- Why Is the Anti-War Movement Still so Weak Under Trump? (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/why-is-the-anti-war-movement-still-so-weak-under-trump)
The anti-war movement, once strong under Bush, died under Obama, and still is weak under Trump. TRNN’s Ben Norton speaks with CODEPINK’s Ariel Gold about the power of the military-industrial complex and the campaign to stop the US-Saudi assault on Yemen
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we would also like to provide these additional features via the following links…
- US Locks Up Central American Refugees That It’s Helped Displace p2x2 (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/us-locks-up-central-american-refugees-that-its-helped-displace-2-2)
On top of its legal obligations to asylum seekers, does the U.S. have a moral obligation to Central Americans fleeing countries that the U.S. has destabilized? We discuss the criminalization of immigration and asylum-seeking with The Nation’s Juliane Hing and Amnesty International’s Denise Bell
- Is Europe’s New Military ‘Intervention Force’ a Message to Trump? (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/is-europes-new-military-intervention-force-a-message-to-trump)
Nine European Union states have signed off on creating a new joint military intervention force. We speak to Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell
- Turkey’s Erdogan Expands Authoritarian Powers with Fascist Coalition Election Victory (https://therealnews NULL.com/stories/turkeys-erdogan-expands-authoritarian-powers-with-fascist-coalition-election-victory)
After 15 years in power, Recep Tayyip Erdogan will serve another 5 years as president of NATO member Turkey. TRNN’s Ben Norton speaks with activist Aral Balkan about the AKP’s victorious coalition with the far-right extremist MHP, and the implosion of Turkish democracy